- About Us
- Investor Relations
- Media Room
- Contact Us
Your privacy and the security of your personal data is very important to us. At Arab Bank, hereinafter referred to as the “Bank”, we ensure that personal data you provided to us is always treated as private and confidential, afforded the highest level of security, and is processed in accordance with Arab Bank Privacy and Data Protection Policy and applicable regulatory requirements. This Privacy Notice, hereinafter referred to as “Notice”, aims to provide you with information on how we will use your personal data, what steps we will take to ensure it stays private and secure and what personal data we collect and process about you as well as your data privacy rights and how you can exercise them.
How we collect your data
The Bank collects your data through one of the following methods:
- Directly: we obtain personal information directly from you in order to receive a service from the Bank or transacting with the Bank, including without limitation, log a complaint, enter a business relationship, or for other purposes depending on the services requested for or agreed upon.
- Indirectly: we may obtain personal information about you indirectly from a variety of sources, including: your broker, intermediaries, the Banks’s Affiliates; Cookies, device ID's, social media, public sources, business partners, and recruitment services to better understand and serve you, satisfy a legal obligation, or in pursuance of another legitimate interest.
How we use your information
We collect your personal information for various reasons in relation to our services, products or interacting with us, and for other business purposes, including, but not limited to, :
- to provide and manage your account(s) and our relationship with you.
- to give you statements and other information about your account or our relationship.
- to handle enquiries and complaints.
- to provide our services to you.
- to conduct assessment, testing, and analysis for statistical purposes or other analysis for market research purposes.
- to evaluate, develop, and improve our services to you and other customers.
- to protect our business interests and to develop our business strategies.
- to contact you, by post, phone, text, email and other digital methods.
- to collect any debts owing to us.
- to meet our regulatory compliance and reporting obligations in relation to protecting against financial crime.
- to assess any application you make.
- to monitor, record, and analyze any communications between you and us.
- to share your information with governmental authorities, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, and overseas regulators and authorities.
- to share your information with our partners and service providers and external auditors.
- recruitment and vetting agencies for prospective job applicants.
- client prospecting, marketing and selling agencies.
- for purpose of litigation, consultation, legal advices or documentation of transactions.
On what legal grounds do we process your data
We rely on the following lawful reasons when we collect and process your personal information to operate our business, transacting with you, provide our products and services:
- Legal obligations and public interests: we process personal information to comply with a legal obligation, to meet regulatory and public interest obligations or mandates.
- Contractual obligation: we process your information if necessary for the entry and/or implementation of a contract with you, or for the conclusion of a contract at your request.
-Legitimate interests: we rely on legitimate interests based on our evaluation that the processing is fair, reasonable, and balanced.
- Consent: We will only process your personal information with your explicit written consent except for reasons permitted under the Law.
Which personal data do we collect and process
The personal data we collect includes data provided by you at the start of our relationship or at any time thereafter such as:
- Personal details such as name, date of birth, email, nationality, marital status, and gender and contact information.
- Current residential address and permanent residential address, and proof of address documents.
- Data about your identity including documents, details of ID cards, details of passports.
-Employer, employment status, job title, full name, email, address and telephone number(s) used for work purposes.
-Financial data: income and source of income, source of wealth, average account financial activity, and engagement data.
- Data about your tax status such overseas tax-identification number, FATCA forms, etc.
- Details of transactions done by you or by any of your connected persons including dates, amounts, currencies, and payer and payee details.
- Sound and visual images including CCTV footage.
- Digital identifiers (IP address, email).
- Cookies (please refer to our Cookie Notice).
- Risk rating information, e.g. credit risk rating and data about your ability to manage credit.
- Recruitment information and qualifications for prospective job applicants.
- Due diligence data, e.g. data required to comply with financial crime regulations (anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism financing, etc.) and data we need to fulfil regulatory obligations such as Suspicious Activity Reporting.
- Other people’s information, such as witnesses, family and household members, emergency contacts, and guardians, which include their signatures, addresses and relationship with you.
- Legal dispute, complaints, and grievance information.
- Agreements, contracts, billing and commissions information.
- Security Information.
- Data about your geographic location, ATMs used, and branches you visit.
How long do we keep your personal data
We retain personal information to provide our services, stay in contact with you and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and professional obligations, which we are subject to. We will dispose of your personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it for the above justifications.
How we protect and safeguard your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We aim to ensure that access to your personal information is limited only to those who need to access it, and those individuals who have access to the information are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
If you are using online services from the Bank, you remain responsible for keeping your user ID and password confidential.
Who has access to your personal data and to whom it is disclosed
We keep your personal information confidential. However, in order to service your needs to the best of our ability, we may share your personal information with other parties bound via contractual agreements to safeguard your information and only process it under our strict instructions.
We may share the information about you and your dealings with us, to the extent allowed by law, with:
-Arab Bank Branches and Subsidiaries.
- External Auditors.
- Regulatory authorities, governmental bodies, financial crime prevention agencies, and tax authorities.
- Third Party Service Providers.
- Agents acting on behalf of the Bank.
- Courier and postal services.
- Credit reference organizations.
- Law firms, lawyers, or professional advisors.
- Other parties with which you have agreed to share your information with.
Transfer of data
We may transfer your personal information to other Arab Bank Group members and third party organizations outside of the jurisdiction where you maintain your account when we have a business reason to engage Arab Bank Group members or third party organizations. Each organization is required to safeguard personal information in accordance with our contractual obligations.
Respect to your rights
Some data protection laws grant individuals – as owners of their personal data – certain rights towards their data such as right to access data, object to processing ..etc. Arab Bank is committed to effectively handling such requests for exercising rights in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements while ensuring responses are concise, transparent, intelligible and in an easily accessible form.
Maintaining Accurate Data
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. You have access to your account information, which includes your contact information, account balances and transactions, and similar information, through various means, such as account statements, Phone Banking, and Internet Banking. If you discover inaccuracies in your personal information, please promptly update via existing e-channels or notify the branch or office where you do business, so that we can make the necessary updates or changes.
Applicability of This Notice
Arab Bank refers to Arab Bank plc and subsidiaries.
For More Information
Should you have any questions regarding this Notice or want to learn more about our security practices, please read our Security Statement section, or contact us at: Privacy.Office@Arabbank.com.jo
Changes to the this Notice
We reserve the right to update this Notice to reflect changes to our information practices in alignment with the Law. Any updates will become effective immediately after posting the updated Notice on our website.