Since its establishment in Jerusalem on May 21st, 1930 as Arab Bank Limited, the Arab Bank has continued to grow and improve. It began operations on July 14th of the same year. On January 31st, 1990, the name changed to Arab Bank plc in accordance with Section 318 of the Jordanian Companies Act # 1 of 1989.
Arab Bank was the first public shareholding company listed in the Amman Stock Exchange in 1978.
The Bank is constantly improving its disclosure levels and introducing higher levels of transparency through its financial statements, enabling both shareholders and customers to appreciate its ever-growing earning power, its low risk level, and its strong financial position.